Wednesday, May 04, 2011

(Why Are You Telling Me?) My New Philosophy [Kristin Chenoweth: from You're a Good Man Charlie Brown]


 




Kristin Chenoweth: My New Philosophy [from You're a Good Man Charlie Brown]


Sally: (spoken) Oh yeah? That's what YOU think!
Schroeder: (spoken) What?
Sally: (spoken) That's my new philosophy. "Oh yeah? That's what YOU think!" 
Schroeder: (spoken) Then why are you telling me? 
Sally: (spoken) What? 
Schroeder: (spoken) WHY are you telling me? 
Sally: (spoken) "WHY are you telling me?" I like it! That's a good philosophy. 
"WHY are you telling me? ... WHY are you telling me?" 
(sings)" Why are you telling me?" 
My new philosophy 
The teacher gave a D on last week's homework! 
She said, "Miss Sally Brown, your grades are going down" 
I could have told her... 
Schroeder: Your new philosophy? 
Sally: My new philosophy. 
(spoken) Ms. B? I'm she. 
Look see 
A D? 
A D. 
Well, why are you telling me? (sung) And that's my new philosophy! 
Schroeder: That's your new philosophy? 
Sally: " Well why are you telling me?" My new philosophy! 
Schroeder: (spoken) That's great, Sally. But I've got to practice Chopin's Nocturne in B-flat Minor. 
Sally: (spoken) No! I like it! "No!" That's my new philosophy. " No! No! No!" 
Schroeder: (spoken) That's your new philosophy? 
Sally: (spoken) Yes! I mean "No!" 
(singing) Just like a busy bee each new philosophy 
Can fly from tree to tree and keep me moving! 
When life's a dizzy maze on alterating days 
I choose a different phrase! 
Schroeder: Your new philosophy? 
Sally: My new philosophy! 
Schroeder: Sally, Some philosophies are simple: 
"Man does not eat by bread alone." 
Some philosophies are clear... 
Sally: " Leave your message at the sound of the tone." 
Both: Some philosophies pick and choose deciding what goes in it 
Schroeder: Some take a lifetime! 
Sally: Mine take a minute! 
Schroeder: (spoken) But Sally, anything that takes only a minute can't be very long lasting. 
For instance, Beethoven took over two years to complete his brilliant Ninth Symphony... 
Sally: (spoken) "No!" 
Schroeder: (spoken) I can't stand it! 
Sally: (spoken) "I can't stand it!" I like it! 
(sings) It's like a guarantee each new philosophy and things are sure to be a whole lot brighter! 
"Oh yeah? That's what you think!" 
" Why are you telling me?" 
" No!" 
" I can't stand it!" 
Now life is free and easy, 
Much more philosophy-zy, 
With my brand new... 
(spoken)You know, someone had said that we should live every day as if it were the last day of our life. 
Lucy: (spoken) This is it? Help me! Help me! I've got twenty four hours to live! AAAAAAAAAA!!! 
Sally: (spoken) Clearly, some philosophies aren't for all people... 
(sung) And that's my new philosophy!

No comments:

Post a Comment