Wednesday, October 12, 2005

a whole new world

One of the many bosses sent me to a workshop in one of the many high-rise towers in Makati Business District. Registration is from 8 to 8:30 in the morning so I calculated that if I leave home at exactly seven then take the metro rail transit, I'll arrive on time. Geezz..wrong calculation! It usually takes me around an hour to travel from home to my dentist somewhere in Makati (near Intel, Bangkal) so I assumed that I would take almost only the same time to travel to the venue of the workshop. Okay, okay, my fault! I forgot to include more time for buying the ticket and for waiting for my turn to finally ride the train. Imagine, three trains (no, make it four to include the empty one that passed without stopping) passed before I was able to .. uhh.. no, make it "before the people behind me were able to (literally) push me inside the train. The only good thing is that the air-conditioning system of the train is good and there were no power interruptions or falling tarpaulin or whatsoever (well, am still blessed!). Finally, I reached my destination (the building I mean). Up to the 19th floor I went only to find my self almost lost into a mini labyrinth (hmm..it's been a long time since my stint of misadventures in those buildings happened -- when I was fresh from college and trying to find some space for me in that district, perhaps I can make a separate post for those). The doors won't open unless the guard assists you because their security system involves the need to use of employees' ID to open doors. Also, they won't allow us to bring our mobile phones inside the auditorium. And so I missed all the text messages and calls of the T girls (because they are the only ones who know my mobile number.. hehe.. actually, sila lang ang nakakaalala na may mobile phone pala ako!). Haay.. I have to read a case pa, homework kasi from the workshop eh.. end na lang muna, next time na lang yun iba!



No comments:

Post a Comment