Thursday, August 28, 2014

hit and miss: finding the balance

There comes certain points in life when I get tired of finding ways to weigh things over with the intent of finding the balance. I don't really know how people see me or judge me based on their narrow perception of who I am or how I act but really, there have been many circumstances when people misjudged me or thought that I am this or that. Yes it is disappointing but at the end of the day, I just have to shrug it off and move on. 

I don't know why but I almost always tend to seek balance in dealing with things, even people. I try to understand where they are coming from, to rationalize, to suggest practical alternatives. What breaks my soul is when again, some still presume that I am just a selfish brat (wow, really?). 

I just observe that we now live in a society where more and more people find theirs as the absolute truth or the only way that things should go. "The people who feel so privileged, people who feel that the world owe them everything to make their lives comfortable, people who have an extremely high dose of self entitlements," I remember one friend told me sometime ago. That is why, finding that balance becomes stressful, even depressing at times. It is hard, and perhaps I am making this hard for myself. It's a hit and miss thing, but I don't know why I still end up going back to finding that equilibrium. 

No comments:

Post a Comment