Wednesday, December 03, 2014

on coping with changes and facing the unknown



"Storm Chaser" raw ang tawag sa team ng DOST-PAGASA na pumunta sa estimated area where ruby will take a landfall. Their mission: observe and note what happens on the ground...interestingly dangerous but exciting for the adventurous and buwis buhay na serious.


Bigla kong naalala ang pagka inlove ko sa science when I was a girl. Oo nga, I fell in love with science first...yun ang first love ko at next lang si writing (okay, what about eating? Yan ang forever love ko...OO, mayroong forever! 'Pag yummy pa nga eh, forevermore! LOL)


Anyway, maraming naganap at hindi naganap sa life ko kaya hindi ako naging scientist or astronaut. Right now, hindi ako typhoon chaser coz I just run away from the typhoon dahil ngayon ako lumipad pa-Manila from Mindanao area. Oh well, may mga bagay lang talaga na dream mo noon pero hindi natupad; tapos yun hindi mo man lang naisip na magaganap ay siyang nangyayari.


But still, what matters most is how you face life as it unfolds and how well you cope with unexpected twists and turns. And now I think that coping doesn't always mean staying or being the one to prevail. Coping can also be learning to let go, leaving the things that you cannot change and moving on to a life where you can grow more and spread your wings. I have always been afraid of a lot of things, of uncertainties, of the unknown...but lately I realized that there are times when I have to let go of my fears and chase the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment