Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas and Lola's birthday

After giving and opening the gifts and after feasting on the noche buena foodies and a dose of sleep, off we went again to the north. Na-ah, not the North Pole where Santa Claus is believed to run a gift factory, I mean the northern part of the country which we travel to via the North Luzon Expressway. Travelling on the 25th towards the north is quite a breeze, especially now that we take the Mindanao Avenue interchange so we don't have to drive and go through the Balintawak Toll Plaza. 

This has been our routine for the past few years -- driving to Lola's birthday bash and meeting her ever growing number of grandchildren and great grandchildren. She turned 82 28 this year (look at her birthday cake! LOL). Speaking of ever growing, I actually lost count of how many are we; maybe I am really that bad with numbers (haha..) but see, we cannot fit into the camera frame so photos with Lola has to be taken by batch. Oh, and of course, the folks up there never fail to ask me about my non-existent love life. I am actually running out of witty comebacks but earlier I used, "wait lang, mag-prepare ka na kasi ninong/ninang ka ha!" then laugh out loud as I flee away (huhuhu....Paskong Pasko eh!).

And so this is Christmas, and in 7 days the new year will come. I still feel like spending the holidays bumming around..hehe, the joys of doing nothing if there is such a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment