Thursday, July 20, 2006

Farewell to a soldier

I couldn't bear to look at him lying in his coffin. The first and last person whom I've seen lying in a coffin was my Tita, and that was when I was five years old. I've always dreaded that day, for I always see that image whenever I close my eyes and I always get that creepy feeling. More than that, it reminds me that she's gone..forever. Since then, I don't want to look at people in their casket anymore. I want my last memory of them to be when they are still alive.





He died at 53 (put the blame on all those alcoholic drinks that he gulped every single day). He now lies at the Libingan ng mga Bayani. Farewell..to a person who's been with my family all my life. His whole family was there for us through all those rough times. They were there for me and my siblings during those years when our parents were gone. Thank you and farewell..you'll always remain as one of the heroes of my life.

3 comments:

  1. honey, kaya pala ayaw mong tumingin sa patay. anyway, wala namang may gustong tumingin sa patay eh. kahit yung mga tumitingin tulad ko. may dread talaga at fear. fear na someday i'll be that person. when my highschool bestfriend died, di ako makapaniwala. kahit tinignan ko na yung bangkay niya. sa isip ko buhay pa siya. until malibing na siya. pero ganun talaga...you have to move on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ayaw ko lng talaga tumingin sa patay! yeah, we have to move on kasi for us life goes on. ako i don't fear being in their position, i mean hindi ako takot na sooner or later i'll be that person na nasa coffin..hmmm...a better and joyful life awaits sa after life! PEACE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ay naku! sinasabi ko rin yan sa sarili ko. pag deads na ko, wala nang problema...pero, pag naiisip ko ang lahat ng iiwanan ko, nalulungkot ako. at pag iniisip ko rin pano ako mamamatay, takot ako! hehehe...sana, mamatay ako ng mapayapa...hindi violent or matagal at tortuous.

    ReplyDelete