Thursday, January 01, 2015

thank you 2014; hello 2015

It’s that time of the year again, when most of us stay awake to bid the former year goodbye and welcome the new one with a bang (literally and figuratively). It’s that time of the year when fireworks, loud music, sumptuous meals, fruits and drinks abound. But then after all the merriment, after the last dinner plate is placed back to its shelf, after the canine pets finally find peace and calmness, I retreat to my hole and look back at the year that passed.
Toast for a blessed new year! Celebrating new year's eve with family at the roof deck. The moderate drizzle added coolness to the air and made us enjoy whatever fireworks managed to go up the air since taking photographs became an "at your own risk" for the gadgets..hehe..

If life is indeed what we make it, my 2014 was a year of harvesting, pruning and deciding what to plant next for my crop rotation scheme – that is, if I am a farmer wannabee like dear friend Mich (although I still insist that she has that natural farmer gene in her DNA). But hey, this is crazy girl writing typing while on the verge of falling asleep. Oh, yes take the last sentence as a sort of a disclaimer because somewhere in between that state of full consciousness and dreaminess, my mind begins to let out thoughts and words that bare my soul.

2014 was a frenzy ride through life with unexpected twists, turns, round-about, highs and lows. And while it is true that life is what we make it, I also believe that what we make out of life is a result of how we put our blessings and gifts to use. Then, I can humbly say that I have been blessed a lot in 2014 although being a work still in progress, I often go astray in the Spiritual department (that, I am not proud of). But still, I am grateful.

I am grateful for the moments shared with people I love. People who touched my life and made me feel that life is something to be enjoyed; that the hardships in it are there to make a better person out of me – I am still a work in progress anyway. Those who made me laugh and filled my heart with joy. Those who gave me their time or patiently held my hand, even for just a few seconds; thank you for selflessly giving me something that you can never get back.

I am grateful for the gift of acceptance and learning to completely let go of the past (read: efbf and the great love). Really, I am alright now.

I am grateful for the courage, strength and wisdom to keep on surviving from the challenges that the world throws my way. If material possessions, recognition and praises are the only indicators that I know of, 2014 was definitely a great year. But more than the words of praise and the shining trinkets, more than the shelf decors, the warm hugs and the pats on the back, more than anything that can be seen by the eye is the voice that tell me, “well done my child, you held on and now were done with that phase,” for from that springs the faith that I can make it through whatever is still left that bother me and dampen my spirit.


I am grateful for experiencing the year that was and the opportunity to face 2015 full of hope and the passion of living, learning and loving a life worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment