Tuesday, June 10, 2003

" Maybe this is part of that lifelong cycle called growing up, well, I don’t wanna just grow old, I know I have to grow up too..."

It’s June—besides the brides, with June comes the rain, signifying that summer is really over. That summer was real fun. I’d say I’ve coped with my new post quite fairly and I enjoyed the outings despite some hassles.

My weekend get together with my college friends was real fun, we kinda have to catch up with each one’s adventures and misfortunes, hang around starbucks while trying to figure out how my friend’s mobile phone got lost inside the mall. I miss that overnight at my friend’s house though. Well, we planned to have an outing but unfortunately, it didn’t push through. I also missed the fiesta at my grandma’s place last May 15. I also missed (for the nth time) that KKB camp in Bulacan, wherein Kuya Bong always invites me to join.

Also went to Zambales with some colleagues from the office. 'Twas a long trip considering the fact that we’re caught in traffic and there were 15 (including the driver of the hired van) of us inside the van. Anyway, save for some misadventure, that outing is worth remembering. Besides the fact that I had fun with my colleagues, I also had fun exchanging text messages with a dear cousin and a friend who happen to stay not so far away from where we went. I’d like to meet my friend sana, but on the second thought, I said no na lang (hmmm…sayang! He he he).

Our office’s PES workshop was also nice. While on our way, I was exchanging text messages with Kuya Jimmy, a high school pal, for it was Ate Grace’s birthday. I called Ate Grace to greet her and explained that am on my way for an out of town workshop. Well, sayang kasi I missed her party eh most of our HS friends came. Anyway, twas a loooooong trip all the way to the north, but it’s really worth the trip. Had another two nights of bonding with some friends (he he he…), shooting pix, swimming and dining. We also went to some tourist destinations up north, and took pictures upon pictures. The place where we stayed was real cozy—a nice place to be romantic, oh, well I think I fell in love…with the place…thought about going there with ***** (he he he). Also had fun sa pang-iinis sa roommate ko na si Auie. She always claim that I am sending her my thoughts because I almost always tend to sing the songs that she also has in mind—coincidence? I dunno, I don’t really understand, the songs just came to my mind; the first one goes like “…ngunit bakit sa tuwing ako’y lumalapit, ika’y lumalayo? Puso’y lagging nasasaktan pag may kasama kang iba…” Aahh, whatever! I also received some text messages from D—uh well, the poor soul had some problems, but being not just a phone call away from each other we had some long exchanges of text messages, well magiging okay rin yun—as always (he he he). I also received a call from an e-groupmate sa BBP. At first, I didn’t know it; he just said that he’s from ERC and invited me to go there for a job interview (twas not so long ago when my BBP papers were sent there by CSC, and I was interviewed by one of their Commissioners). I was completely torn that moment, I mean, I just got my appointment last February and now ERC is calling me again. Later on as we talked, I noticed that he’s quite friendly (unlike most of the HR people whom I have talked with regarding job applications), until he said that he’s a member of the BBP e-group. So that was it, we talked for quite sometime and I learned that he’s also new in ERC, and that he used to work at DSWD. Well, I told him that I still have to think about considering it because I just got appointed last February.

Also had some other walks, like the Davao trip for my UNICEF project. Well, 'twas my first airplane ride, and I really liked that trip and the place, uh well save for some misadventures again (ayaw ko nang sabihin ulit!). Our RBA training in Tagaytay was also nice, with that midnight session at the poolside (he he he). Auie also brought me to Roxas Blvd and we walked all the way to CCP and stayed for sometime at the breakwater. If not for the fact that it was getting late, I would have stayed there longer for I was feeling dreadfully lonely that day. 'Twas on the 15th last month, and I came home alone really late.

The past season left me with lots of memories, which I prefer to stay unpublished. I’ll admit that some of those memories made me sad, some even made me cry, but all are worth treasuring. It’s not everyday that you’ll meet people who will fill in some special place in your life, or perhaps your heart. Although sometimes those same people are the ones who make you sad, okay lang. Am still glad I’ve found them, some even became my friends, and the others, uh well, they’re part of an unforgotten past. I guess everything depends on how you view things. Often, you just have to look at it from another perspective. I know that I’ve made lots of wrong decisions and perhaps along the way may have hurt or annoyed other people, but it’s already done, I mean, I cannot do anything to change those things now. Maybe this is part of that lifelong cycle called growing up, well, I don’t wanna just grow old, I know I have to grow up too. What’s really nice is that I’ve learned a lot from all those experiences. Am also glad that I have dear friends whom I was able to share my confusions (millions of thanks to D, Mikee and my journal!). Mikee is really my darling Angel, and D is my partner in crime (no worry, we never do any crime involving moral turpitude…he he he…those legal jargons). By the way, I already have a new journal, which means, uh, D should know what it means. Gotta sleep now.





No comments:

Post a Comment