Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Almost Lover (bastardized version)

Okay, okay...thanks Auie for reminding me that I am human. I almost forgot that mortal feeling (hahaha). Just reminded me of some blissful moments -- and the "wish am out of this world" months that followed. Na-ah, 'di na ko iyakin (yun ang huling mensahe mo na natanggap ko bilang offline message). Siguro I just got tired of it -- hehehe..  



Your fingertips across my skin (I'll always remember)

The palm trees swaying in the wind ('di nga lang palm trees pero maraming trees)
Images
You sang me Spanish lullabies (nope, just silly songs that made my heart fly)
The sweetest sadness in your eyes (yeah, that was what I see whenever I look in your eyes)
Clever trick (galing talaga!)


Well, I never want to see you unhappy (yep, believe me!)
I thought you'd want the same for me (wishful thinking)


[Chorus]
Goodbye, my almost lover (haha..I like this term!)
Goodbye, my hopeless dream (wala talagang hope) 
I'm trying not to think about you (yep, especially everytime I see a frog!)
Can't you just let me be? (oh, you did! drove me away that was)
So long, my luckless romance (luckless talaga!)
My back is turned on you (ay hindi ah! I don't even know where you are kaya di kita matalikuran! hehe..)
Should've known you'd bring me heartache (kung alam ko lang talaga, sana nakinig ako sa panlalait ng friends ko sa halip na ipagtanggol pa kita!)
Almost lovers always do (bakit nga ba?)


We walked along a crowded street (yep, I love to walk..kahit na may sprain ka!)
You took my hand and danced with me (dance? walang ganun, took my hand lang! haha!)
Images
And when you left, you kissed my lips (uy, hindi ah!)
You told me you would never, never forget
These images (nope, you told me to forget about you -- as if word processor lang ang memory ko na pwedeng mag-delete anytime!)


No

Well, I'd never want to see you unhappy
I thought you'd want the same for me


[Chorus]
Goodbye, my almost lover
Goodbye, my hopeless dream
I'm trying not to think about you
Can't you just let me be?
So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
Should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do


I cannot go to the ocean (hmm..I did a lot of times..sarap kayang mag-emote sa dalampasigan!)
I cannot drive the streets at night (I don't drive, sa passenger seat lang ako --hello Stephen Speaks!)
I cannot wake up in the morning (wala kang kinalaman dun, talagang tanghali na ko magising noon pa man!)
Without you on my mind (ay, may karugtong pala!)
So you're gone and I'm haunted (oh my! ayoko ng mumu!)
And I bet you are just fine (ang galing mo nga eh!)


Did I make it that
Easy to walk right in and out
Of my life? (expertise mo ata yan, kung bakit ba kasi ako pa napag-tripan!)


[Chorus]
Goodbye, my almost lover
Goodbye, my hopeless dream
I'm trying not to think about you
Can't you just let me be?
So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
Should have known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do


Life goes on and on...Life must go on...

2 comments:

  1. Wanna drown in mush? You gotta see the videos para mas emote. Tama na drama, nihan. It's too init to emote... Hehe : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. drama? di na!!! mwahahaha... kung nage-emote pa ko, di ko yan ipost rito!

    pero lam mo bang ilang araw matapos kong i-post ito ay nakita ko yun?! talk about coincidence and serendipity! ngyahaha..naalala ko lang. ganun pala yun!

    ReplyDelete