Sunday, May 08, 2011

Standing Still in The Maze Called Life


Sometimes, I stand still amidst the maze they call life...

       ...to look back at how far I've gone

       ...to look around if I am missing a turn

       ...to listen to footsteps

       ...to feel the air

       ...to touch the ground

       ...to savor the moment of having gone this far...


Then I look back once more...

...and smile when I remember the people that I've met along the way

...and close my eyes as I recall sad moments; like failures, parting ways, pain, missing loved ones, feeling helpless, and being fooled

...and I look up the sky to see that life is still beautiful...

       ...that lessons are learned for every failure

       ...that some good byes are not forever

       ...that pain is a reminder that I am alive and kicking

       ...that missing my love ones is proof of my capacity to love and share life with other people

       ...that I have the capacity to overcome helplessness and continue running the race

       ...that I've learned some lessons the hard way, and those lessons are remembered forever

...and I look around to see everyone around me; looking for a person who's willing to...

       ...stay with me on the same ground

       ...walk with me on the same path

       ...sail with me on the same boat

       ...dance with me to the same beat

...someone who will...

       ...sing with me at the top of our lungs, even when the music fails

       ...hold my hands and squeeze them tight in times of uncertainty and doubt

...best of all, I am looking for one who can put a smile not just on my lips,
but deep into my heart

...no one yet...

...so I walk again through the labyrinths, until it's time to once more stop...



1 comment:

  1. What a very inspiring article.


    http://www.bux2get.com/aft/b6c9fa94/caa48ec8.html

    http://mbleisure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete